If you’re looking at getting dental implants in Murfreesboro, TN
, you may need to also get a bone graft
, depending on your available level of bone. Bone grafting
is a procedure used to supplement the jawbone to ensure your tooth implant has a secure anchor. Without sufficient bone, your implant will not be able to function with the other teeth. Dr. Steven Daniel and Dr. Joanne Gaydos-Daniel are experienced periodontists in Murfreesboro
with a proven bone grafting technique.
Our bone reconstruction procedure is performed right here in the office. The doctors will:
• Use local anesthesia to ensure you are comfortable throughout the procedure.
• Expose the area that needs a bone graft and clean it thoroughly.
• Prepare the grafting material and put it in place.
• Combine the graft with concentrated growth factor (CGF). CGF is material that has been separated from your own blood to help with the healing process.
• Put a protective membrane over the graft to keep it in place and promote healing.
• Close the site with stitches.
• Regularly see you over the next few weeks to ensure the graft site is healing properly and the replacement bone is successfully taking.
• See you for a final evaluation in four to six months and at that time place the dental implants.
Getting a bone graft is beneficial for a lot of reasons. First, it helps stimulate growth of new bone, so you won’t end up with a sagging facial expression. It also ensures that your dental implant
will have a strong root in your mouth. Another benefit is that you get to have dental implants in Murfreesboro, TN
, even if you initially did not have enough bone density.
If you think you may be a good candidate for this type of procedure, don’t wait to call. Give Drs. Daniel and Gaydos-Daniel a call at 615-200-1199 today to set up your consultation.
Currently rated by 0 people